BMF_font library is an OpenGL font library. It can be used to load .bmf font files generated with "bmfgen" and display text in an OpenGL application.
- Convert any TrueType font to a .bmf file using the bmfgen tool
- Colored text
- Transparent text
- Rotation and scaling
- horizontal and vertical alignment of text is adjustable
- Version 1.01 now also supports the extended ASCII characters
The library has been developed using MinGW under Windows and is released under the GNU LGPL license.
bmfgen - font generator
This tool can be used to generate a .bmf font file from any TrueType font. The resulting font file can be used with the BMF_font library to display text in OpenGL.
The application uses the SDL and SDL_ttf library. To be able to run it you need to place the DLL files into the executables directory. The SDL and SDL_ttf library are available at www.libsdl.org.
- Convert any TrueType font you want to use in your OpenGL application
- Texture size of output file can be specified
- RLE encoding/decoding for small files (2048x1024 texture -> ~21KB)
This tool has been developed using MinGW under Windows and is released under the terms of the GNU LGPL license.